Boozy Affogato. I am the kind of girl that needs ice cream after dinner every night. And on special occasions also want coffee after dinner. And so was created the most wonderful after dinner treat of all time: the Italian Affogato. Cold vanilla gelato, in this case ice cream, covered in a piping hot shot of strong Espresso. It is cold, warm, bitter, sweet. My version here has an extra added touch of some booze to keep those warm fuzzy feelings going. Fun to sip or eat with a spoon & perfect to serve after dinner as a fun, easy dessert drink that impresses.
Cinnamon Sugar Rim
Vanilla Sugar. I learned of this last holiday season and have found endless recipes from your favorite food bloggers. 1/4 cup white sugar + 1 vanilla bean, whisked or shaken up in a mason jar to combine. Used on everything because I actually am obsessed with the smell, the flavor, everything. I also love cinnamon sugar. The look, the smell and the taste reminds me of the holidays. So we added 1 tbs of cinnamon into the mix to rim our glasses. I also love to do 1tbs pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon sometimes.
After all, this is a boozy after dinner drink. One shot of Kahlua is all we are using here. A warm, tasty liquer that is sweet to balance some of the coffee and alcohol taste. The cold & melting vanilla ice cream kind of blends everything together. Everything tastes so good you get all of the fuzzy, warm-in-your-chest feelings without a strong alcohol taste.
The Boozy After Dinner Affogato really is a 3-in-1 treat. It is that after dinner espresso, after dinner cocktail, and after dinner dessert all in one. Plus it looks & tastes beautiful and it is fun to eat and make for a crowd. If you make this cocktail during the holidays (or any time), could you comment below?!
Other Delicious Holiday Cocktail Recipes
Connect with Me
When you make Boozy Affogato with Cinnamon Sugar Rim, please share your thoughts in the comments or tag me on Instagram @quartersoulcrisis. I really love hearing for you, but if anything please come back and give it a rating!
Boozy After Dinner Affogato
- 1 nespresso, moki pot or espresso maker
- 2 Scoops Coffee Ice Cream
- 1 oz Kahlua
- 2.5 oz Espresso or strong brewed coffee*
Cinnamon Sugar Rim
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1 tbs Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Vanilla Bean optional
- Make Cinnamon Sugar Rim: In a small bowl, whisk 1/4 cup sugar + cinnamon & vanilla bean if using so there are no clumps. Dump on a small flat dish. Wet rim of your glass (i like to pour a bit of coffee in a bowl and tap the rim into that). Tap the wet edge of glass into the cinnamon sugar & scotch it around until rim is coated.
- Serve Affogato: Add 1-2 scoops of ice cream to rimmed glass. If one scoop you want it to be a good hefty one. Pour Kahlua around edges of ice cream. Pour hot espresso over top of the ice cream lightly. Sip or eat with spoon.