Peppermint Mocha Martini. The holiday espresso martini of your dreams. If you love coffee, drinks that aren’t too sweet & Christmas then you are going to love this holiday cocktail. It is so simple and easy to make. The two hardest parts are rimming the glass & shaking your cocktail – and both of those things are easy. Let’s get into the details fast because I want you to make this all December long.
Candy Cane Rim
Something about the words candy cane just make me feel happy. They are a sign of the holidays. And while I am not really a peppermint person, there is a time and a place. This is the time and the place. Smash up the candy canes with the back of a spoon or rolling pin inside a ziplock bag until they make candy cane dust. I like varying sized chunks just for the visual (& for that perfect cocktail picture!), but feel free to crush them as much as you would like.
And if you don’t like peppermint, feel free to skip the rim and just go with Mocha flavor!
Espresso Martini with a Mocha Twist
Very similarly to espresso martinis, I still wanted to serve this in a coupe or martini glass. These ones are gorgeous and I got them on Amazon! This cocktail also has equal parts espresso & vodka just the way I like it. I added a bit of chocolate syrup & baileys to the shaker glass for a real mocha flavor. An iced coffee with mocha syrup is one of my favorite treats, and I definitely wanted that kind of taste here.
The cocktail itself is strong, but so smooth and easy to drink. I would know because I practically chug mine each time I make it.
When you make this Peppermint Mocha Martini, please let me know your thoughts in the comments. OR message me and tag me on Instagram @quartersoulcrisis. I really love hearing your thoughts.
Peppermint Mocha Martini
- 1 cocktail shaker
- 1 martini glass
- 2 oz espresso or very strong brewed coffee
- 1.5 oz vodka i love Titos
- 1 oz baileys
- 1-2 tsp hershey's chocolate syrup + more for candy cane rim
- 2 crushed candy canes*
- Brew Espresso & get ingredients ready: Brew strong coffee or espresso, I like to add it to the ice HOT I think it adds to a really good foamy top.
- Make Candy Cane Rim*: Dump crushed candy canes on one flat plate. Add the chocolate syrup onto another small flat plate or bowl. Flip glass upside down and slide back and forth in chocolate sauce to rim your glass with about 1/8 inch chocolate syrup. I personally don't mind if some gets on the inside as well! Tap the chocolate rim into the candy cane plate until entire rim is coated. Once glasses are rimmed, set aside.
- Make Martini: In a cocktail shaker or mason jar, add LOTS of ice. Almost full. Pour in all ingredients. Start with hot espresso, then vodka, Baileys & extra drizzle of chocolate sauce. Put lid on tightly. Shake hard until the cocktail shaker is very cold to the touch. If you like it extra chocolatey, add a touch more chocolate syrup. Shake very hard – it creates a a nice, foamy top (when you think you're done, shake once or twice more).
- Mocktail Version: Replace vodka and baileys with 1.5 oz heavy cream or 1oz heavy cream and splash milk or half and half for stronger taste.
- Serve: Strain into your rimmed glass and serve.