Peanut Butter & Jelly Fruit Crisp. There are few baked goods that are crazy easy and still wildly delicious. A fruit crisp is one of those. Sweet, tart fruit, warm and bubbly topped with crisp, buttery oat topping. I personally, can’t eat one without cold vanilla ice cream. This time around, I added a melty peanut butter into the topping & chose strawberries and raspberries as the fruit. Given the insane time we are in, I am just loving homey recipes that make us happy! And what is better than peanut butter & jelly?
The Ingredients: PB & J
The strawberry & raspberry combination was the best option for that quintessential jelly flavor. I tried this with a bunch of berries, and these two beauties won out in the end. Raspberries stay really tart and flavorful when cooked. It is perfect with the roasted strawberry slices. The crumble topping is a simple, melty, salty peanut butter baked with oats and topped with roasted peanuts. Crunchy, peanut buttery and salty.
No, it is not mandatory to add vanilla ice cream on a warm piece of this PB&J crisp. But I think a fruit crumble absolutely needs sweet, melty vanilla ice cream. I just realized that is the second time I talked about ice cream in this very short post, so if that isn’t telling I don’t know what is. That being said, there are few things on earth that WOULDN’T benefit from a huge scoop of ice cream in my opinion. Anyone else?
I know most of my blog posts here are to go into further detail of the how’s and why’s of the cooking or baking process. But this one is so simple. Cut your fruit, toss in sugar. The crumble topping? Melt butter and peanut butter and toss all ingredients together in a bowl. Bake until fruit is bubbling like crazy. That’s it! But if you want more, there is a step by step video guide on my Instagram tagged right below.
And if it is this this Peanut Butter & Jelly crisp, comment below or message me on my Instagram @quartersoulcrisis! I want to hear your thoughts.
PB & Jelly Fruit Crisp
- 8 or 9 inch pie dish
- 3 1/2 cups Sliced Strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups Raspberries
- 1/4 + 1/2 cup White Sugar separate
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 5 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Juice of Lemon
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Make Fruit “Jelly” Bottom: Preheat the oven to 350°. Cut your strawberries. In a medium bowl, add strawberries,¼ cup sugar, raspberries & 1tbsp lemon juice. Toss and set aside.
- Make Crumble Topping: Melt 1/2 cup peanut butter & 5 tbsp butter in the microwave in 30 second increments. Stir together. In a separate bowl, add 1 cup flour, 1 cup oats, 1/2 cup sugar & 1/4 tsp baking soda. Whisk or toss until combined. Pour in melted peanut butter mixture and toss until everything is fully incorporated and flour is combined and no longer looks dry. Grab pie dish.
- Assemble: Using a slotted spoon, scoop out the fruit from the bowl. Reserve juices. Place fruit into the bottom of pie dish and spread evenly. Add the vanilla & cornstarch to reserved juices and whisk together until no clumps remain. Pour cornstarch "slurry" over fruit & toss to coat. Finally, break up peanut butter topping and crumble all over the fruit.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until topping is beginning to brown, fruit is bubbling, and it smells awesome. Let sit 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream.