Pumpkin Spice Latte Ice Cream with Crushed Oreos. This no churn ice cream recipe is simple, easy and tastes like the beginning of fall. Espresso whipped cream swirled with pumpkin spice latte syrup and a sprinkling of Oreos (because I love Oreos in ice cream). You don’t need an ice cream maker. This is simple, easy and just as creamy, thick and delicious as regular ice cream. It takes 10 minutes to put together. Serve it after dinner for your PSL lovers!
The infamous PSL: Pumpkin Spice Latte. It’s warm, sweet & is basically fall in a cup. I love coffee, fall & oreos so this combo is a no brainer to me. I used to be thrilled with Cold Stone started selling pumpkin spice ice cream. Adding Oreos was a stroke of genius if I do say so myself, and that is what led me here!
No Churn Ice Cream
A “no churn” ice cream recipe just means that things are a LITTLE different than your average ice cream. First of all, for the home cook, it’s awesome because you do not need an ice cream maker. Second of all, no worrying about eggs or time it takes to make the base. All that we have to do is get air into the ice cream base and freeze it.
To start, whip the cream with instant espresso. You will basically be making a coffee whipped cream. This is how we get the fluffy, creamy ice cream base & coffee flavor. Heavy cream can be easy to over-whip. Keep in mind that your end game is soft peaks. It will look fluffy & mostly hold it’s shape. But if you hold your beaters or whisk upside down, the peak will hold and then flop after a moment. Beat in the condensed milk & chopped cookies, and that’s it. Your ice cream base is done!
Freezing the ice cream is very simple. It will take about 8 hours. Scoop and serve!
When you make this, comment below your thoughts. I love hearing your feedback so much! Or follow & message me on Instagram @quartersoulcrisis.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream chilled
- 1.5 tbs instant espresso
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup crushed oreos plus more for serving
Pumpkin Spice Lattee Puree
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbs maple syrup or brown sugar
- 1/2-3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice taste to your liking
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup water
- Make Pumpkin Spice Puree: In a small sauce pan add all ingredients and whisk together. Simmer until thickened and a lot of the water has cooked out. Adjust seasonings to taste. Start with 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice I find this can vary based on brand. It should taste like pumpkin pie filling! Put in small dish or bowl and set aside to cool.
- Make Ice Cream Base: pour your cold heavy cream into a large bowl. Add instant espresso. With hand mixer, whisk, or standing electric mixer with whisk attachment, whisk cream and espresso into soft peaks on on medium-high setting. It may taste strong & bitter, that's okay as we are adding condensed milk. Slowly pour entire can of condensed milk into coffee whipped cream. Whisk on low until combined. Beat on low until combined. Set aside.
- Mix-ins: Pour 1/2 espresso mixture into a freezer safe container or metal loaf pan. Add 1-2 tbs in small dollops of pumpkin spice puree. Swirl with toothpick. Add half of the crushed Oreos on top. Repeat the layers. Cover with saran wrap pressing gently into the top so there is as little air as possible. Freeze 8 hours or overnight,
- Let sit out 15 minutes before serving in order to soften or scoop with ice cream scoop run under hot water.