Honey Roasted Carrots with salty, creamy feta cheese and a crunch of pistachios.
Honey Roasted Carrots w. Feta
- 1.5 lbs carrots try to get uniform in size. scrubbed with greens cut off*
- 1 tbs honey + more for drizzling
- 2 tbs olive oil
- fresh black pepper coarsely ground
- 1/3 cup roasted, salted pistachios roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 450°: Pat carrots dry. On a rimed baking sheet, toss the cleaned carrots with the olive oil, big pinch salt & fresh black pepper & 1tbs of honey.
- Roast Carrots for 25 minutes until carrots are lightly charred & roasted. Remember cook time can vary based on the size of the carrots. While carrots are roasting, prepare crumbled feta & chop the pistachios. As soon as the carrots are out of the oven, drizzle a little bit more honey & give the baking sheet a shake & the carrots a toss. Make sure to use a towel to protect your hand as the pan will be hot.
- Add Feta & Pistachios: Immediately after drizzling with a little bit of honey, transfer them to whatever dish you are serving them in. Crumble feta and pistachios over top of the carrots. Use them to taste! As much or as litlte of each as you would like. Tossing a little so it sticks. I also like to garnish with a little bit of fresh thyme leaves. Serve warm!
Home Cook’s Notes
a home cook’s tip: *I love how easy this recipe is & I do not even peel the carrots. The skins are so good for you! Just scrub them in the sink and remove any hairy bits. Trim the ends lightly. Cut the greens off. I like to leave some of the top as you see in the photos because I love the look!