Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins.
From the Kitchen
Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Incredibly moist & chocolatey healthy zucchini muffins made with whole ingredients.
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour spooned & leveled
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder spooned & leveled
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup zucchini grated on small side of box cutter
- 3/4 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 425° and line muffin tin with liners. Set aside.
- Whisk together dry ingredients: In a mixing bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Whisk together wet ingredients: In another mixing bowl, whisk melted coconut oil, honey, room temp egg and room temp greek yogurt together. Add grated zucchini & fold in with a spatula. No need to drain it!
- Add dry ingredients to wet: add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix in until no dry bits remain. Finally add chocolate chunks and fold in with spatula.
- Bake: Fill muffin tins mostly full. I like to use a large cookie scoop. Top with extra chocolate chunks or chips. Bake muffins for 5 minutes at 425°. Lower the heat to 350° and bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Calories: 247kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 4gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.4gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 188mgPotassium: 176mgFiber: 2gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 59IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 46mgIron: 2mg