Mini Turkey Meatloaf with Ketchup Glaze. Quick to assemble, easy to make and wildly tasty. These little mini meatloaves are perfect for a Sunday dinner with family or meal prepped lunches. There are not too many things I LOVE as a leftover, and I think these are heavenly. The ketchup glaze is like the side of ketchup you usually have with your meatloaf, but with a hint of salty sweet that is the perfect combination. No waiting an hour for meatloaf with these little guys. Just pop them in the oven for 25 and dinner is served.
The Mini Loaves
Assembling these is so easy. I don’t think they need any added explanation. Mix in bowl, form loaves, bake. But I will expand on your ability to have a TON of variety with these. Don’t have a yellow onion? That’s fine! Really any onion, herb combo can work here. I have made these with leftover caramelized onions before and thought they were an absolutely perfect addition.
Feel free to change up the herbs – basil adds a bit different flavor. You could even add some cheese or grated parmesan. Whatever you want to try, this recipe is a hard one to really mess up.
Ketchup & Meatloaf
Ketchup & meatloaf – a dynamic duo that I am thrilled to stand behind. I am really a condiment lover so if there is a classic meal that basically requires a condiment, I am immediately in love. Keeping the ketchup combo without just plopping some on a plate was important to me. And of course I wanted to just amp the flavor up a little.
In a small bowl we add ketchup, worcestershire and honey. As the meatloaves bake, brush them with glaze every 5-10 minutes. The honey will caramelize a bit, and the salty, sweet, ketchup with be perfect by the time the meatloaf has baked.
When you make these Mini Turkey Meatloaf with Ketchup Glaze, please let me know your thoughts below in the comments. Or you can message me on my Instagram @quartersoulcrisis. I really love connecting with you and would love to hear your opinions!
Mini Turkey Meatloaf with Ketchup Glaze
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 2 tbs parsley chopped
- big pinch salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs honey
- Make the turkey meatloaf: preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, add ground turkey, chopped 1/2 onion, chopped parsley, salt, pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder & beaten egg. Mix together with rubber spatula or your hands until all ingredients are incorporated and evenly distributed. I like to use my hands because it warms everything up a little.
- Shape the meatloaves: split your turkey filling up into 4-5 loaves. I try to keep portions around 4-5oz so you can do that however you would like. This is a very easy recipe to double. With your hands, shape them into little rectangle/loaf shapes. If it is very sticky, wet your hands before forming the next loaf. Put them on a lightly greased baking sheet or baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Make glaze: In a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup ketchup with 1tbs Worcestershire and 1tbs honey together until incorporated.
- Bake Meatloaves: Place turkey loaves in the oven. Bake for 5 mins. After 5 mins, pull them out and brush with glaze. – Bake for 10 more mins. After 10 mins, add more glaze. Finish baking for 10 more minutes, for 25 minutes total or until cooked through. You can use extra glaze for dipping, or really add a lot of glaze to each loaf as you pull them out.
- Serve with your favorite sides or The Best Cauliflower Mash.