Honey Mustard Chicken Wrap. Crispy chicken tenders, salty bacon, sweet & tangy honey mustard all wrapped up with lettuce, tomato & avocado. It’s my favorite “pizza shop” wrap, homemade, better for you. You can air fry or bake the chicken tenders, but most importantly you can really make this recipe your own. Don’t like Swiss cheese? Go cheese-less or change it up with some provolone or American. Want it to be EVEN simpler? Use your leftover grilled chicken for a quick and easy lunch.
Chicken Tenders – Airy Fry, Bake or Fry
The chicken tenders are a very simple breading. Flour, then egg, then Panko bread crumbs for extra crunch. You can air fry them, bake them, and if you are feeling really spicy, shallow fry them with some oil. All options are below.
If you want to skip breading the chicken entirely, feel free to replace with your favorite grilled chicken, I also love to use frozen chicken tenders when I’m really in the mood to take a short cut. Basically what I am saying is that you have a whole lot of options.
Trimming the chicken: is so simple. Don’t worry about any hacks or special ways to trim it. Use a sharp pair of food scissors to cut out the tendon and trim off any other tough parts before cooking.
Home Cook’s Notes – Ingredients & Substitutions
Feel free to use your favorite lettuce, but I love using spinach. I will do anything to add a little extra vitamins & greens to make it a more fiber-filled and balanced meal. And if you follow me on Instagram, then you know I will add spinach to anything (Cheesy Chicken Spinach Quesadillas). But a crunchy lettuce would also be a great substitute: try iceberg or romaine if that’s what you prefer.
The bacon is not a must (but in my mind it is). It adds the crispiest saltiest bite that is DELICIOUS with the creamy avocado. Feel free to omit it, but I don’t have a great substitution.
You can easily omit the cheese. I love to use swiss because I think it adds great flavor, but if you are skipping dairy for now, the wrap is delicious without it.
Do you HAVE to use honey mustard? No. But why wouldn’t you!? My honey mustard is crazy delicious. That being said, replace it with your favorite condiment or skip it if you must (just don’t tell me).
Can I make this Gluten Free?
Yes you can. I love Bob’s 1:1 Flour to replace the all purpose flour & gluten free panko bread crumbs to replace the Panko.
Wrapping the Wrap
If you need any help actually doing the wrapping in the tortilla, I have a video showing you exactly how to do it right here. You want to make sure the food is scattered around the center almost to the edge, and the bottom 3/4 of the tortilla. Fold in the sides and then the bottom, like an envelope. This is very hands on so keep that in mind. Start to roll, and as you roll forward, tuck the sides & any extra pieces of food. Roll until everything is tucked in. Cut in half.
From the Kitchen
Connect with me
When you make this Honey Mustard Chicken Wrap w. Spinach & Bacon, will you let me know your thoughts in the comments?! Did you substitute anything, or have it as is? I really love to hear from you all! Looking for something with a little more of a salad vibe? I love this Easy Buffalo Chicken Chopped Salad.
And if you post any of these creations, please tag me on Instagram @quartersoulcrisis
Honey Mustard Chicken Wrap with Spinach & Bacon
- oven, air fryer OR skillet for frying
- 1 lb chicken tenders trimmed*
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1-2 large fresh heirloom tomato
- 3-4 slices swiss cheese*
- 1 1/2 cups spinach
- 3 flour wraps burrito sized
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs yellow mustard
- 1.5 tsp dijon mustard*
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- small pinch salt
- Cook Bacon & Preheat Oven or Air Fryer: cook bacon pieces on low-medium heat until crispy on both sides & fat is rendered. Drain on double lined paper towel. This should take about 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 if using. Or preheat air fryer to 400 when ready to use. Prep Ingredients: Slice tomato & avocado. Roughly chop or crumble cooked bacon. Make the honey mustard. In a small jar or bowl whisk together all ingredients. Add ingredients to taste. If you like it sweeter, add more honey. A bit more of a kick? some more dijon.
- Bread & Cook Chicken Tenders: Bread the trimmed chicken tenders. Use three separate dishes. In one shallow dish add all purpose flour with black pepper & garlic powder. Whisk lightly until combined. In another shallow dish add beaten egg. And in the final shallow dish, add panko bread crumbs. Trim the chicken tenders & pat try. Salt them. Next, toss them in flour to coat. Coat floured chicken tender in egg. Let excess drip off. Finally, toss and coat in the panko bread crumbs. Bread each chicken tender and set aside. Oven Method: Add chicken tenders to on parchment lined baking sheet & bake 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Air Fry Method: Add chicken tenders to air fryer. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through & golden brown. I like to spray air fryer with avocado oil spray first. Make sure there is not too much overlap so that they stay super crispy.
- Assemble Wrap: In the center of the wrap spread lots of honey mustard. Next, a few small handfuls of spinach. Scatter the tomato slices & avocado. Slice the chicken or cut into chunks and scatter that as well. Keeping everything mostly in the bottom 3/4 of the wrap. Add your swiss pieces. Fold the sides and ends of tortilla over filling and roll forward, tucking the filling in as you roll. Slice in half. Serve room temperature & heated in skillet with oil to warm.