Golden Oreo Vanilla Berry Trifle. There are many reasons for you to make this trifle and one of them is the fact that it requires very little work. The next is that really you can make this in any baking dish it does not HAVE to be a trifle. And finally, it is basically a no bake cake made of Oreos so what’s not to love? Its red, white & blue – stuff a sparkler in it and hello MDW or 4th of July Weekend! But it’s also a perfect & easy summer icebox cake that everyone loves. Make it ahead and bring it to your next BBQ as a cold and delicious dessert.
This recipe is simple and easy to make. A bowl and a whisk is all you need. Whip up your heavy cream & add vanilla bean. Make pudding with cold milk. Slice strawberries. That is all of the prep you need. Everything left is assembly.
To make the perfect layers & really transform the golden oreos, make sure to set the one cup of milk aside. Dunking the oreo quickly is a crucial step. It ensures the Oreo layer will be soft, and easy to make slices. One bite with a soft Oreo, vanilla pudding, airy whipped cream and a burst of berries is a truly delightful bite. I have made this almost every summer for 4th of July or Memorial Day weekend. It’s a summer dessert for a big crowd. I picture everyone in sweatshirts, after a long beach day, with sunburned faces, grabbing a big scoop of this before hanging out in the back yard under the lights. It’s a favorite memory & a refreshing dessert for a group.
When you make this Golden Oreo Vanilla Berry Trifle, please let me know in the comments. It’s so simple and easy and I know you are going to love it! Or you can tag me on Instagram @quartersoulcrisis.
This Wild Mushroom Forest Dirt is another berry + pudding recipe that I adore on my site!
Golden Oreo Vanilla Berry Trifle
- 128oz Trifle Dish OR 9×13 Glass Baking Dish
- 1. Make French Vanilla Pudding: Make the french vanilla instant pudding by following the directions on the box. Empty both into a large bowl with 4 cups cold milk. Whisk it all together and let sit for 4-5 minutes. In the meantime, slice your strawberries.
- 2. Make Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream: Pour 16oz heavy cream in a medium bowl (or mixer). Beat on high with mixer until the mixture forms soft peaks. Add 3/4 cup powdered sugar & vanilla bean to the whipped cream. Beat until incorporated and stop.
- 3. Next, assembly: Dip each oreo quickly in milk & line a 9 x 13 baking dish with Golden Oreos. If in a trifle dish, you may want to do a double layer. Next, about half of the french vanilla pudding. spread across the Oreos and let them fill in any Oreo gaps you may have. You really want the pudding to be able to penetrate the Oreos. Next, Berries. Layer the pudding with strawberries and blueberries. I like a lot! Then half of the whipped cream. Spread it best you can over your berry layer. Repeat. Dip milk in oreos, line dish, Pudding, Berries, Whipped Cream.
- 4. Top with any remaining berries, crushed Oreos, or even decorative sprinkles. Let sit in fridge 4 hours or overnight for best results but you can eat right away if you insist!