Air Fryer Za’atar Chicken Caesar Salad w. Naan Croutons. I love a long title – I really want you to know everything you are working with. And by the time I start to describe one of my recipes, I can’t really stop. My favorite brunch place in the city, also has one of my favorite caesar salads. It’s MORE than lettuce, cheese and croutons, and it inspired this dish so let’s make it.
Air Fryer Za’atar Chicken Caesar Salad w. Naan Croutons
- Air Fryer
- 12-16 oz large chicken breast sliced in 1/2 horitzonally
- 1 tbs sesame seed
- 1 tbs oregano
- 1 tbs za'atar seasoning
- 1 tbs olive oil
Salad Veg & Crutons
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1.5 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 piece naan bread
- 2-3 heads romaine lettuce chopped
Tahini Caesar Dressing
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt love a 2-5% fat
- 1 tbs tahini
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- water to thin
- black pepper
- 1/2-3/4 cup shaved parmesan
- Preheat Air Fryer: to 400° & Prep ingredients by chopping lettuce & tomatoes, slicing cucumbers, & cutting naan. Season avocado with a little squeeze of lemon & salt. In a bowl, add naan pieces & toss with olive oil. Prep chicken by slicing it in half horizontally for thinner slices. Salt each side well and add 1 tbs sesame seeds, zaatar & olive oil and rub over chicken pieces.
- Make Crutons: Place naan pieces into air fryer and try to make sure they do not over lap. Cook 2-3 minutes until it begins to get golden brown. Toss in basket and cook another 2 minutes until golden brown. Carefully remove & set aside.
- Make Chicken: Add seasoned chicken to air fryer cooking 6-7 minutes on one side and 3-4 minutes on another side or until cooked through and getting golden. Remove and let rest on cutting board.
- While chicken & crutons are cooking: Make tahini caesar dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Add water for your desired thinness. And make sure to salt & flavor to taste.
- Assemble Salad: Add all veggies to bowl, top with chicken and crutons. Add shaved parmesan. I also like to shake more za'atar over the salad. Drizzle with dressing & enjoy!